Sunday, January 26, 2014

SOUS Project Life Challenge - Embossing


     Well here is my page for the Stuck On U Sketches Project Life Embossing Challenge. I used a Becky Higgins Design E page for my page then I decided to dry emboss one of the 4 quarters. I used my Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug folder Snowflakes for the embossing. I had to emboss the paper twice because the folder isn't 6 inches wide. It was pretty easy with this folder as the snowflakes aren't lined up. Other embossing folders could prove to be more difficult if used. After embossing I placed the vellum saying on with brads and placed the snowflakes all around. This is a pretty easy challenge to try, and don't forget we are giving away blog candy on our main site if you enter any of the projects this month. Up your chances and do more then one challenge!
     One of our co-founders wanted us to talk a little about starting Project Life since it was the beginning of the New Year. So I thought about writing about what you will need to start such a venture. I found it way more easy if you start out with the simple basics like the pocket pages, an album, and some sort of 3x4 and 4x6 cards. I will admit I stuck with mainly Becky Higgins products because she had all the basics. I got her Big Variety pack of pocketed page protectors, a couple of core kits and a We R Memory Keepers album. It will cost around $80, but if you happen to find a really good sale at Michaels with coupons it can be purchased for a lot less. There is also mini kits, kit clubs, and other card kits you can buy from other manufactures too but you don't really need them to start.
     I hope this helps someone out there who is thinking of starting some sort of Project Life scrapping. Good luck and just have fun with it. The best part of it is there are no rules on how you do it, so just do it and fall in love with it like I have. :) Have a great week and please if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment