Thursday, January 30, 2014

Monkey Birthday Card

     Hello again! I decided to do the challenge over at Exploring Cricut which this week is you need 1 pattern paper, 2 Cricut cuts, and the color blue. I couldn't wait to do this so I decided to make a card.
     I made this card to celebrate my youngest son's 21st birthday. I tried to not make it too kiddish but I think I failed.:) He loves monkeys which was the inspiration for the card. The monkey is from the Cricut cartridge Create a Critter 2. I cut him at 5". In the original cut he is holding a heart for Valentine's Day but I didn't want that. Instead I found a present from Cricut cartridge Sweet Treats. It is cut at 1-1/2", then I just glued it to the monkey's hands and chin. I then cut out the vines also on Create a Critter 2. I glued the pattern paper down to my card base which is 4-1/4"x 5-1/2". I glued the vines down leaving a space for the tail to go into so it looks like the monkey is swinging from the vine. Here are the rest of the details:

  • Cricut cart: Create a Critter 2, Sweet Treats
  • Cardstock: Bazzill
  • Pattern paper: K & Company
  • Adhesive: Scotch, Zig, EK Success
     Thanks so much for coming to my blog and looking at my projects. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you. I hope you all have a great weekend. Bye! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a totally cute card-love that monkey! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and the blue just pops off the page! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!!! Love this darling monkey and the fabulous bg paper!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Cricut Choice' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! LOVE this adorable monkey!!! Create a Critter is one of my favorite carts thanks for sharing with us at Exploring Cricut!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete