Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Night #11

Boy I am definitely not doing too well at keeping up with my projects, but it has been such a bad week for me pain wise. And on top of that I have these horrible sores on my arms right now that look atrocious. I had one pop up about 4 weeks ago and I went to the ER for it. They gave me a shot of one antibiotic and 2 more different antibiotics to take for the next week because they were so unsure what I had. They took a culture and after a few days it cleared up. I now have 4 on one arm and only one on the other. They were started from one of my cats scratching me then it would turn into huge round sores about an inch across with blisters. When I saw my doctor on Thursday, he gave them a huge name and gave me yet another antibiotic. At least this one good thing about it is I only have to take 1 pill only once a day for 10 days. They are making me sick to my stomach and dizzy. So wonderful :( The sores are looking so much better today, they no longer hurt and the blisters are almost gone. My doctor is sending me to a dermatologist next to see what is going on.

Well, enough of that and on to my project! I had an absolute blast putting this one together. I had seen Halloween banners on various blogs before and knew what I wanted it to look like so I went through my 2 Halloween Cricut cartridges. I went with using Happy Hauntings.


Here is what I used:

  • Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge

  • Bazzill cardstock

  • Colorbok black glitter paper

  • CTMH black sheer ribbon

  • Zig 2-way glue pen

  • Elmer's adhesive runner

  • EK Success pop dots

I decided to use the word "Boo" and wanted a frame around each letter so I went through the cartridge book and picked the Headless Horseman frame (Frame8), but instead of using it horizontal I turned it vertical. I cut it out at 8" and after I glued the two frames together and cut the pumpkin off that would of normally have been on the top (now side). I then cut the capital letter "B" out of the black glitter paper at 4". I was surprised and quite wowed! when it cut so beautifully. I didn't want the o's to be cut according to the size of the "B" so I used the Real Dial Size button and cut them out at 3". After gluing it all together I decided that it needed another color and so I used the Real Dial Size button again and cut the pumpkin, on the same page, at 2" in orange. I used a pop dot to put the pumpkin on with. For the rest of the adhesive, I used the Zig pen to put the two frames together. I then used the tape runner the place the letters on.

After, I took the ribbon and strung it through all the frames and vola! I have a Hallowwen Banner :) I truly hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment